The Town of Saugus would like to provide more information of closures and limitations due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Starting Wednesday, March 18, there will be limited access to the Public Safety Building.
As always, if there is an emergency, please call 911.
The changes are as follows:
- Abuse Prevention Order applications will be available. Those looking to fill out the applications should call ahead if possible before coming to the department,
- All records requests should be accessed through the Saugus Police Department website, by telephone, or by mail. You can access the website by clicking here, or you can call the offices at (781) 941-1126 or (781) 941-1125.
- Prescription drop off, sharp disposal and fingerprinting have all been suspended.
- Civil Police Academy and use of the training room has also been suspended until further notice.
- Firearms licensing will be conducted by mail only until further notice. Firearms applications and renewals should be mailed to Firearms Licensing Officer, 27 Hamilton St.
All other activity can be conducted over the phone. Non-emergency questions and routine business calls can be made at (781) 941-1183.
For the foreseeable future, parking appeals will not be done in person. To appeal a parking ticket, you must either do so in writing or online.
The Treasurer’s office takes payments for parking tickets or can assist you with your appeal options. No one in the Treasurer’s office can reduce or negate your ticket. This can only be done through an appeal. You have 21 days from the date of issue of the ticket to make payment or appeal.
Options to appeal are as follows:
- You can make an appointment for an in-person hearing. Hearings are held every other Monday. To make an in-person appeal appointment, please call (781) 231-4135. Your ticket will go on hold until you have had the opportunity to speak with the Parking Hearings Officer.
- You can make a hand written appeal, which will waive your in-person hearing option. The ticket will be placed on hold until the next review or hearing date and you will be notified by mail or email with the Hearing Officer’s resolution. You can mail your appeal letter with a copy of your ticket (and a copy of your HP placard (if applicable) to Town of Saugus, Parking Hearings Officer, 298 Central Street, Suite 5, Saugus, MA 01906. Forms are available at the Treasurer’s office page on the town’s website.
- You can make an online appeal here, which will waive your in-person hearing option. Once you are on the website, go to ‘I would like to appeal my parking ticket’ and upload pictures or a detailed letter to go with your appeal. The ticket will be placed on hold until the next review or hearing date. You will be notified by email with the Hearing Officer’s resolution.
Further appeals must be requested through the Essex County Superior Court and can be done by calling (978) 744-5500. An additional filing fee will required to submit a Judicial Court Review.
Once the Town of Saugus Hearings Officer has made his decision, he will not review again.